[3830] All Asian SSB K3EST(@N6RO) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk3est@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian SSB K3EST(@N6RO) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 18:19:19 +0000
                    All Asian DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: K3EST
Operator(s): K3EST N6RO N6WM W6DMW WD6T WX5S
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Remote Operation

  160:    2     2
   80:   13    13
   40:  606   128
   20:  441   138
   15:   35    24
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1097   305  Total Score = 339,770

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

We entered this contest with 2 on site guys (N6RO and K3EST), everyone else was
remote. Up until Thursday we were not sure that a remote MM was possible because
of an internet problem. Fortunately, Bill, W9KKN came to the rescue with a patch
that worked flawlessly the whole weekend.  The major QSO producer as usual was
40 meters with over 600 of our total ~1100 QSOs. It turned out to be a two band
contest: 40 and 20. Conditions were down on those bands too but at least they
were open! We beat last year’s score (2020 was even worse condx-wise).
Everyone really pushed and got the most that their band had to offer. Thanks to
Ken, N6RO for the use of his fine station.

160M: Ken, N6RO: Ken gets an award for the greatest try with little reward. In
three hours both mornings, the repeat loop sent about 1200 CQs without answers
until 10 minutes before sunrise Sunday, when two weak (compared to normal) JAs
called in during a five minute opening. These were the first JAs in any AA SSB
test, as last year we had none. Top band was very quiet, but propagation was so
poor that locals were down 3-5 S units from normal, and could not even hear
thunderstorm static to the east!

80M: David, W6DMW: David stuck with the poor low band conditions to eke out 13
QSOs. This was a real baptism in fire, since this was Dave’s first attempt to
operate 80 as the sole op! The band to JA out here is between 0900 and 1330z.
Signals were not strong and many called that were in readable. Congratulations
for a real effort David!

40M: Matt, WX5S first night: Condx were actually not that good. There were many
Q's that required 4 or more "overs". I had one good hour with >100
rate, but I have seen much better cndx before. Sorry that condx on the other
bands were even worse!
David, WD6T second night: Condx continued to be poor. Davis was hampered by the
large number of YB’s who called in thinking they were in Asia. Nevertheless,
he stuck with it to push 40 past the 600 Q level.

20M: Bob, K3EST: Conditions were fair. The JA opening both nights in the 0500
– 0600 produced more than half of total 20 meter Qs. Opening to Asiatic Russia
were average during the early even9ing. The morning hours between 1530- 1700 saw
a good opening to SE Asia and Middle east. Heard at least 10 VUs in that morning
opening but was heard by VU2XO. Stations from the middle east were loud but
tough to work thru the European pile-ups. Managed to work EY, UK and 4L2M. The
Chinese stations were also plentiful during the morning and evening openings.
20m had some fun passing JAs to 15 during the small opening Saturday.
David, WD6T took the last 2 hours on 20 to gather in a few more JAs.

15M: Chris, N6WM:  Generally dismal conditions to  Asia (ironically loud OC
stations). About a 45 minute opening to JA Saturday during second half 2200 hour
beginning 2300.  Same opening Sunday but shorter, maybe 30 minutes. Iin any
event this was an improvement over last year’s zero QSOs on 15m band.

10M = zip to Asia