[3830] CWopsT K4XD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K4XD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 20:08:17 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Sep 8

Call: K4XD
Operator(s): K4XD
Station: K4XD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   6
   20:  30
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  36  Mults = 35  Total Score = 1,260

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Shakedown for KPA1500.  Overall great amp.  Running Flex 6600M
"remotely" - operating position is my office in the house, ham shack
is an outbuilding in the yard.  Decided against drilling holes in the house at
the relatively new QTH.  Using Flex's remote CAT Winkeyer, was getting quite a
few messed up characters - extra space added inside characters, like the X in my
call sounding like TU instead of X.  Halfway through the test I went out to the
ham shack and started adding ferrites to the cables going into the Flex, came
back to the office, still no change.  At Nate N4YDU's suggestion, played with
the TX delay in the Flex but still no improvement.  Finally, switched over to
the Winkeyer in the RemoteRig box.  No further problems.  Seems ironic that the
main reason I bought the Flex was ease of remote operation, yet I'm slowly
migrating functionality to the RemoteRig and each time I do that, operation
improves.  Oh well, the Smart SDR panadapter is the bees knees and it is nice to
be able to connect to the radio from anywhere.  Had fun in the CWT and thanks
for the Q's.  Sent "ROL" as my name - it's really Rowland - but that's
too long :-)
73,
"ROL" K4XD