[3830] CWopsT OH3BCX(OH1ZAA) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, elefa@wippies.fi
Subject: [3830] CWopsT OH3BCX(OH1ZAA) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 21:15:32 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Sep 8

Call: OH3BCX
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH3BCX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KP20XW
Operating Time (hrs): 0.92

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  18
   20:  10
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  28  Mults = 21  Total Score = 588

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

There was a solar C8-blast at 1630Z for the daylight zone,
and we went through the 1900Z session at B3-level straight.
A lot of slowly decaying electron content in the F2 layer...

Nothing wrong with the Dentron MT-3000A tuner. I guess,
the contacts of the antenna relay of the LK-550Z have
failed, as the 3 tubes had a "healthy" orange glow on
their cheeks, but the output was jumping erratically.
Time to put the screwdriver to anti-clockwise action,
and hopefully some reverse turns soon after. At HF the
relay can probably be replaced with the OMRON G2RL-1
or G2RL-2 regular AC-relays with 8 amps contacts.

The series of FTDX10's in test are a bit problematic.
These seem very sensitive for SWR regarding parasitic
oscillations of the PA-stage. Also the second one
did only put out 10 watts on 70 MHz. I guess, I will
not take a third one for scrutiny... The receiver side
is excellent though...  Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856