[3830] WAE SSB IK2YCW(IT9RGY) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB IK2YCW(IT9RGY) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 16:23:11 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: IK2YCW
Operator(s): IT9RGY
Station: IK2YCW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

   80:   33    28
   40:  394   515
   20:  812   977
   15:  119   263
   10:   17     0
-------------------------
Total: 1375  1783   585  Total Score = 1,847,430

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Well,
at the end of the contest I've asked myself how I could skip this event so far,
just having some fun 3-4 times in the past 10 years.

WAE is AMAZING! Pileup, QTC, Mults to move, QRM while QTC, 36/48h...everything
you need to have fun :)

The propagation wasn't the best at all, and even if some DX was strong I wasn't
able to get any good rate.
Saturday was a bit noisy, especially on 80m where a lot of QSYs didn't work.
Then just few JA on 20m but at least I enjoed the opening to US.
10m were dead all the time, if not for P33W, but I've got few hard QSOs with SA
finally.
Sunday it was much better with even 15m open to JA and YB and then to US.
Unfortunately there weren't too many stations partecipating the contest from DX,
so the log is full of 001-005 and asking for QTCs wasn't really a piece of cake
:)

Thanks to the guys who where online on cqcontest.net, especially to OM7M who
helped me to push more till last minute.

Last but not least thanks to Claudio IK2YCW for let me use his station/callsign
again!

73 de Gabry IT9RGY @IK2YCW