[3830] WAE SSB WX3B Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB WX3B Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:00:38 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 6

   80:    0     0     0
   40:    0     0     0
   20:  413   410    74
   15:    6     3     8
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  419   413    82  Total Score = 68,224

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What a blast on 20 meters!!

Afternoon operations both days, 4 hours Saturday, 2 hours Sunday.  Great
signals.  Unusually low noise, and very little QRM from adjacent operators,
which is SO UNUSUAL for an SSB contest.  Totally missed the Saturday opening on
15 meters.  On Sunday, I took one spin by 15 when I arrived home (2:00pm) and
heard only South Americans calling CQ, so I disconnected the antenna and left
the 15-meter station OFF until PVRCer Jose EA5DFV asked me to make a 15 meter
QSO with him.  That started a comedy of errors, waiting for amp to warm up,
waiting for computer to boot, etc. and I missed my chance to work Jose, who I
heard calling.  I did manage to put a few other EUs in the log.

A fun 6 hours of contesting for sure, and always great fun running into other
PVRCers like Jack N4RV for an extended rag chew!

73,

Jim  WX3B