[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1RZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1rz@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1RZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 22:09:44 +0000
                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2021

Call: K1RZ
Operator(s): K1RZ
Station: K1RZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 28.3

    6:   98    29
    2:  160    39
  222:   53    21
  432:   96    35
  903:   31    17
  1.2:   33    14
  2.3:   20    11
  3.4:    7     5
  5.7:    2     2
  10G:    6     3
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  506   176  Total Score = 156,288

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions remained somewhat above in my part of Maryland.  I saw several
operators in the southwest part of my grid and adjacent south and west grids
working Great Tropo to Texas, Louisiana and Florida.  My best enhanced
propagation contacts were with Todd N4QWZ EM66 at 900 km using, but only on 144
and 432 MHz FT8.

Rovers worked include AB4CR, KD3PD, W3ICC, KF2MR, KG4ITT, VE3OIL, N2XRE and
K3XY.  We know it is a lot of work to Rove, both on the road and in preparation
before the contest, but please know we all really appreciate the effort you put
in, and the results you get.

My 222 MHz amplifier went out early Saturday afternoon, so ended up a little
light on the 222 QSOs and grids. But at the same time had a good time making CW
and FT8 contacts on 222 MHz running 12 watts.

My QSO breakdown by transmission mode: CW - 67(13.2%), FM - 25 (4.9 %), FT8 -
112 (22.1%), MSK144 - 3 (0.59%), and USB - 299 (59.1%). Total 506.

Thanks to ARRL for their excellent sponsorship of these VHF contests and to
everyone who got on and made contacts on any transmission modes in the contest.
 73, Dave  K1RZ.  FM19jh.  cu September 18 and 19 from FN21be in Round 2 of the
10 GHz and Up Contest.