[3830] ARRL Sep VHF KG9OV/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, contest@kg9ov.org
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF KG9OV/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 00:40:16 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  168    90  Total Score = 18,090

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

The contest started off a bit on the slow side Saturday and
mostly on FT8.  Without much to speak of for band openings
and hearing little activity outside of FT8, it really seemed
like it could be a boring contest.

Ended up getting home late Saturday to grab a few hours sleep
holding out hope for a better Sunday.  Woke up later than I
would have liked and wondered into the shack to check on
the propagation maps.  Bright red covering the grid corner
I had planned on heading to and everything south from TX
to the east coast.  With that, I headed off to a spot closer
to home to take advantage of the bands while I could in case
the conditions burned off like they tend to do in the morning.

As it turns out the bands would hold strong well into the
afternoon and I had a blast chasing the various stations
throughout the south.  The one that stands out, as I'm sure
is true for many folks, was AA4ZZ.  Just wow...

Sat:  EN41 EN40 EN51 EN50
Sun:  EM58 EM59 EM49 EM48

Gear:
Flex 6600 / Q5 Signal 5BVUX