[3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 03:11:39 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Sep 17

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:  13     12
   40:  13      8
   20:   2      2
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  28     22  Total Score = 616

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Zilch heard on 15 and barely any on 20 except N3BB had a whopping signal. 40 got
crowded very quickly.  Called a couple on 160 at the end, but no joy.  Was glad
to log AJ1DM and N4DW at the very end on 80 for new mults - thanks, guys!

Thought I had the self-RFI problem cured on 80 after placing a couple ferrite
snap-ons on the RS-232 cables, but alas - it came back with random characters in
the entry window and blocked keyboard while trying to log info when my TX was
dumping my exchange.  I've tried disconnecting virtually all cables and testing
susceptibility of USB ports to RFI at 100 watts, but more work yet to do to
solve this puzzle.

I seem to have lost QSK on my K2/KPA100 - I sure have forgotten a lot, and my
F-keys need re-definition to eliminate duplicate sequences.

Thanks for the Qs - gradually learning what 100 watts can do after being attuned
to 5 watt success.

73, MikeNH