[3830] TxQP AD4EB SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP AD4EB SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 04:42:39 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party - 2021

Call: AD4EB
Operator(s): AD4EB
Station: AD4EB

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:    94
   40:  1406
   20:  1287
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  2787    0       0  Mults = 104  Total Score = 911,544

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Score computation:

2787 QSOs * 3 for CW = 8,361 Points
Counties + State/Prov + DX = 104 Mults

42 Counties Driven * 1000 = 42,000 Bonus Points

(8,361 Pts * 104 Mults) + 42000 Bonus = 911,544 Total Score

Fantastic Contest!!!  This was our 4th TXQP and it gets better every year.
Previous number of QSOs were 2,071, 2,070, and 2,746 (in 2010,2019, and 2020). I
never thought we could beat last year's score, but we managed to with 2,787
QSOs.  Propagation was excellent and so was the participation.  Even managed
work a JA station, thanks Toshi JO7WXN for your patience.

Everything worked fine, including our old Montana van now with 280K on it.
Melody did a great job, as always, driving and navigating the 803 miles.  Only
traffic issue was getting around Dallas/Fort Worth, we had to take a detour
which cost about 15 minutes to the route.  For the most part she kept us right
on schedule.

Multipliers were way up this year, worked many more Texas counties than in the
past.  Seems like more people were using our APRS tracking map, as the pileups
happened faster as we entered each county.  We would not have been even close to
beating last year's score if it were not for the higher rates maintained this
year when operating at the county lines (2 or 3 counties at the same time).  The
highest hour rate was 277, which occurred during the last hour of the contest
(thanks in part to operating at RAND+POTT at the very end).  I did not feel that
having the other QSO parties (IA,WA,NJ,NH) this same weekend had much affect on
us. We were able to swap our corresponding states and counties without too much
problem.

The highlight of our journey occurred at the end of the day on Saturday.  Our
final stop was where 3 counties intersect (PARK+WISE+TARR), and I was making hay
on 80m.  Then I switched to 40m for the last 10 minutes and there was so much
interferrence no QSOs could be made.  I could not figure out why, then Melody
spotted another mobile across the street. It was the W5CT/M team! When the
contest ended, we had a very nice visit with K5PI, W5MJ and WK5S. It gave us all
a chuckle, since if we had looked at our posted planned routes we would have
known ahead of time.  What a great bunch of fine operators and gentlemen.

These are the stations who worked us over 30 times:

K3IE (49)
WB9CIF (49)
KI6RRN (45)
N5RZ (44)
VE2FK (42)
K8QKY (41)
OM2VL (40)
N6MU (38)
K8MFO (36)
DL3DXX (35)
NW0M (33)
NS2N (32)
K5ZE (31)
KA6BIM (31)

There were 447 unique calls in my log, thanks to all of you that followed us
around and took the time to break thru the pileups.

DX stations worked:

OM2VL (40)
DL3DXX (35)
HA8IB (8)
DK2OY (5)
HA9RE (5)
SP5SA (5)
SM3DMP (4)
KP4/K7GM (3)
UA3AGW (2)
IZ6AAW (1)
JO7WXN (1)
NP2X (1)
OF5LF (1)
OH3Z (1)
SM6YNO (1)

OM2VL and DL3DXX were neck and neck thru the contest.  Worked OM2VL for 3 QSOs
on 80m.

Thanks to the TQP committee and NO5W who is always a big help to the mobile
operations.  And thank you Melody for all you do to make this possible, you are
the best!

73 – Jim – AD4EB and Melody – KI4HVY