[3830] NJQP W1WBB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NJQP W1WBB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 02:49:50 +0000
                    New Jersey QSO Party - 2021

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: RI
Operating Time (hrs): 4.25

   80:   17     13
   40:   10      6
   20:
   15:
   10:
----------------------------
Total:   27     19      0  Mults = 14  Total Score = 2,044

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

GREAT short skip opening on 40m started just before 2300z ... S-9 to S-9+20 sigs
between RI and NJ, wow!  This lasted for at least 1h 50m.  That motivated me to
stay with the NJQP for awhile.  I didn't find many NJ stations on 40m SSB and I
probably should have CQ'd for them much more as my 40m SSB Q's are quite low.
Tried to reach 50 Q's total overall but got only a few answers on 80m CW/SSB in
last hour plus, so fell a few Q's short -- still, a personal best by far for me
(esp. breaking 2000 points).

Flipped back and forth quickly between the other 4 QPs until 0200z when TXQP and
IAQP stopped; concentrated on NJQP in last 2 hours (yielded 28 NJ contacts).

With only 40/80m propagation (and limited NJ station participation overall) it's
very hard to make a top score without any 20m action due to being so close.  My
very late start precluded finding any 20m NJ stations via backscatter.  Really
wish many more NJ ops could be QRV in this event, especially on low bands.
Getting all 21 counties active should be a serious goal for the sponsor and
in-state ops -- making a county sweep should be doable in NJQP!

Thanks to all I DID work.  Was not aware of any rover/mobile activity this
year.

Missed:  CAPE, CUMB, ESSE, GLOU, HUDS, MIDD, PASS.

Icom IC-7300 @ 100 watts; 88 ft doublet up near 40 ft on 40m/80m, sloping 80m
dipole with upper end near 55 ft.