[3830] CQ WW RTTY VK3JA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk3ja@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VK3JA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 22:32:43 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2021

Call: VK3JA
Operator(s): VK3JA
Station: VK3JA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Rural Melbourne
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   80:    0       0        0     0
   40:  277      21       44    19
   20:  183      21       50    21
   15:  240       6       37    17
   10:   14                1     1
------------------------------------
Total:  714      48      132    58  Total Score = 485,520

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

How great to again participate in a major world event with good propagation and
good participation with top operators QRV.   This contest is the best for RTTY
operators IMHO because of world wide participation and no read to endlessly
repeat serial numbers like most other contests.

All bands had good openings here.  Even ten meters was wide open
trans-equitorial from VK to JA with big signals but sadly few JA's went QRV on
that band.   Fifteen had some nice openings to EU in our late afternoon, twenty
meters was in top shape during many periods and forty meters was excellent all
weekend.

I was particularly happy to see the VK to NA morning long path 20 meter opening
again wide open.  This traditional path has been quiet for several years now but
the improved solar activity has brought it back alive.  My station is able to
work NA during these periods while US stations are beaming EU.  It's always fun
to hear the surprise from US operators hearing a VK when pointing on EU.

A great world wide event like this brings out some DX entities we rarely hear
down under (Caribbean, South America etc).  Also nice see old friends callsigns
appearing on the screen.

Thanks to all who called and pulled the info through the pileups. We can all
look forward in the years ahead to many great hours on contesting in this great
mode.

73 Steve VK3JA