[3830] CQ WW RTTY VE3BR SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3br@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VE3BR SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 01:19:00 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2021

Call: VE3BR
Operator(s): VE3BR
Station: VE3BR

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: FN03es
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  119       36      13     6
   40:  238       44      50    18
   20:  240       33      58    22
   15:  116       11      41    18
   10:
------------------------------------
Total:  713      124     162    64  Total Score = 590,450

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Radio: Ten-Tec Orion + AL-80B @ ~700 W
Antenna: DX-Eng 80/40 Thunderbolt 55ft Dual Band Vertical
Software: N1MM Logger+ 1.0.9271.0 + MMTTY 1.70K + 2Tone 21.02a

I knew I would not have time to enjoy and savour the contest the way I usually
do (Unassisted LP), so because of the limited time I could spend on it I decided
to go HP (first time ever on RTTY) and Assisted (probably also first time). Less
time, better score than in the past, but somehow felt improper and dodgy like
applying red nail varnish to your nails before clipping them, because red nails
are much easier to spot on your bathroom floor. (Unless you have a bathroom with
a red floor, in which case you should move or, at least, re-decorate.)

As usual, it's the emptiness of a giant arctic ice floe out there... when you
are running low power to a vertical.