[3830] CQ WW RTTY VE4VT SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VE4VT SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 12:39:42 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2021

Call: VE4VT
Operator(s): VE4VT
Station: VE4VT

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 34:00

   80:  129       41      10     7
   40:  417       50      54    22
   20:  802       48      76    25
   15:  216       19      65    21
   10:    0        0       0     0
------------------------------------
Total: 1564      158     205    75  Total Score = 1,633,302

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

What a great way to kick off the fall contest season. If I can work Europe on
80m, conditions must be good.

Propagation on 15m was a bit strange. I was receiving Europe quite well on the
normal great circle azimuth of ~45 degrees. However they were also strong and
very workable at a skewed azimuth of 135 degrees. I have never seen both paths
open simultaneously before. While the band was open to Europe, absolutely no
Asisa was heard. Without sporadic E to help, the band was too long for F2
propagation to most of the states and Canada.

10m was completely dead here despite frequent checks.

We are definitely on the way up in the solar cycle!

Ed  VE4VT