[3830] CQ WW RTTY ON3DI SOSB80 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pietervandroogenbroeck@outlook.be
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY ON3DI SOSB80 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 14:25:21 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2021

Call: ON3DI
Operator(s): ON3DI
Station: ON3DI

Class: SOSB80 QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 27

   80:  333       6      43    3
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  333       6      43    3  Total Score = 34,424

Club:

Comments:

Hi

I discovered 80m QRP in 2015, won three CQ WW RTTY in a row, had fun on that
band even it was hard to work DX. In 2018 and 2019 I became second (80m and
40m), last year wasn't a succes on 20m. Week before this contest I saw the score
of the winner of last years edition on 80m and I thought that that score was
doable with my setup. Like I said in the past, like to win, so it was time to go
back to an old love.

It were had days before the contest at work, had to do a lot last minute, but
normally the few hours before the contest I don't sleep well, this time I did
and that was nice! The start of the contest as good, the first three hours I had
an avergae of 25 qso's/h. The noiselevel was low and I heard nice things like
HI3K, KZD, AA3B, ..., but i couldn't work them. If something learnt me in the
past is that you can count on the fact that you will work it the day after. I
never heard them on sunday. Anyway it was nice to call CQ and see that K9RS and
K1SFA came back! Long time ago that this happened! I was active until 6-7utc but
wasn't tired, those hours of sleep were helping. Band was closing so I went to
bed. Around 15utc I was back, in the past I worked UA9 then, but I must say
never heard them and very ery few other Russians, strange! I knew that rates
would be less in this shift but I hoped for 10 qso's/h average and had that,
luckily! Anyway since midnight UTC I was fighting against the sleep, was hard
but managed o gent on until 4utc and then went th light completely out. Was
forgotten how hard 80m QRP can be. After that long shift I had 260 qso's, goal
was 300 qso's, so I could be possible. Sundayevening, again I was to soon QRV.
Rates were even more down, but more and more I was going to those 300 qso's.
Some multipliers came back to my CQ, always nice! Funny thing at 23u59 utc, I
worked my first Russian station of the contest, RG5A, always nice to end a
contest like that!

2. This is the fourth best score all time!
3. Worked more ON then usuall, nice! Anyway DL is the country that saves my
contest, 78 DL in the log, 34 I and 28 G!
4. Worked 4 USA, it isn't much, but happy with it!
5. Am spotted 6 times, more then usuall, tnx G2U, RW4CLF who I never heard,
DK1IP, G4OZG, LX1ER and G2E.
5. Called a lot CQ and respons was good.

Looking forward to the raw scores, normally this has to be podium. 15k points
more then the winner of last year, I'm dreaming...

Thanks for all the QSO's!

Thanks to my parents for all the support!

Pieter ON3DI

PS.: CQ WW CW will be all band CW, so 10m and 15m let us be suprised then ;-)