[3830] ARRL 160 K1KI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K1KI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 00:25:19 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: K1KI
Operator(s): K1KI
Station: K1KI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 31

Total:  QSOs = 1563  Sections = 82  Countries = 49  Total Score = 512,865

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Decided to just stay on one frequency for the first 8 hours and do no tuning on
the second radio.  Also kept the 4-square switched to the northeast to maximize
Eu signals.  Did have a very good list of 5-point Eu stations worked - 190 the
first night and about 70 the second night.  But my first day QSO rates were down
considerably from the competition. (it is motivational to watch
contestonlinescore.com)    Overall I only had one hour of more than 100 QSOs.
Logged 46 duplicates...

Worked all but two sections - missed AK and NT, with the last few being LAX NNY
SBAR VE4. Took one 15 minute break the first night, and a 90 minute break (and
sleep) the second morning around 09z. On the second night, signals were clearly
down from the first day.      Thanks for the QSOs!  73 Tom