[3830] ARRL 160 KC4LZN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc4lzn@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KC4LZN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 11:01:25 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: KC4LZN
Operator(s): KC4LZN
Station: KC4LZN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 1

Total:  QSOs = 61  Sections = 31  Countries = 6  Total Score = 4,061

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I bought a 160 Sloper antenna in September in hopes to do some chasing on the
Top Band. Stan, KC5UYF at cablehelp.com. I have a fiberglass mast so I had to
run a wire down to a ground rod to complete the antenna. Previously I had tried
an inverted Windom but results were lack luster. Couple days before the contest,
I tried some propagation checks on FT8 and was surprised at what I saw on
pskreporter, lighting up most of the eastern portion of the United States. There
still wasn't a lot of Western or European contacts being made but it was better
than the inverted Windom. I did S&P, not having the time to sit and run but
it was fun just the same. Heard only 2 European stations and then by Sunday
morning, Hawaii came booming. Was able to work KH7X and that was exhilarating to
the see with only my meager setup and 100 watts.

Looking forward to plugging some more. Neat to work the Top Band but also know
100 watts just isn't enough. Project plans for later down the road. Look forward
to the next!