[3830] ARRL 10 N4SS(@W5MX) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N4SS(@W5MX) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 00:58:25 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: N4SS
Operator(s): W5MX KJ4YLR
Station: W5MX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ky
Operating Time (hrs): 24.5

   CW:  570    70
  SSB:  232    45
-------------------
Total:  802   115  Total Score = 315,560

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Clayton KJ4YLR came down for a MS in this one and we used the club call N4SS.
For the most part Clayton ran SSB and I did CW.
Had to QRT Saturday AM due to major storms in the area and losing power. Missed
some prime time between about 7:00 and 10:30 AM local (EST). No major station
damage from the storms which is good, just lost an 80-meter delta loop in the
wind.
The band was decent to NA and SA Saturday day along with some Pacific stuff late
afternoon/early evening. The band seemed to want to close around 8-9pm but then
re-emerged with a vengeance. Strong sigs out of the west and the band stayed
open very late Saturday night. When we went to bed about 1:30am local EST, there
were still stations in there including some quite loud ones from out west. In
spite of the not-so-great solar numbers, we worked some good dx mults including
vk, zl, kh6, fr, zd7, v51, ea8 and a bunch of SA. Great opening to the northwest
starting fairly early Sunday, then it moved further south later in the day. SA
was extremely loud later on Sunday with some great activity by what seems to be
a lot of newer ops - Brazil in particular. Good job by the newer contest ops!
Thank You all for the Q's!
Bryan
W5MX