[3830] ARRL 10 NN4RB SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NN4RB@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NN4RB SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 20:19:09 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: FM07II
Operating Time (hrs): 2:25

   CW:  23     13
  SSB:  20      5
-------------------
Total:  53     18  Total Score = 3,096

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Got caught up in other things, and thought the contest didn't start until
sometime Saturday.  As I was preparing on Friday night, I was reminded by John,
N3MN that the contest had already started - Opps!  Finished getting N1MM+ and
the radio checked out and made one contact on Friday night.  K4XL was in the log
on CW.

Saturday was the Hell Gate foot race, and that is an all day job for me.  Got
home at about 6 PM.  I didn't bother to try to get on as I new Sunday would be
my only day time.  Got up on Sunday morning, and hear nothing on the radio.
There were no blips on the spectrum display across CW or phone portions.  Read
emails and paper and kept looking every now and then.  Sunday after noon would
be busy for me also as a ham license test was scheduled at 2:00.  Lunch was
called at noon, and I was wondering what it would be like to turn in a log with
only one contact.  After coming back to the shack after a good Sunday lunch, I
notice blips on the spectrum display.  Jumped in the seat and work 18 before
having to quit to go to the test.  They were all CW and out west.  Picked up
CA,ID, NV, OR, UT, WA, and BC. Along with the VA that gave me eight states.  The
bad news was that was all, until after the test session where I picked up PA and
SSB.  I did work a bunch of SA on SSB after the test session for a 9 country
count.  Had fun for the short time, but I really had very little time to
participate.  If I had plenty of time this would have been very boring.

Besides Ken K4XL), I heard John (N3MN) and Sam (W4PK).

Rick
NN4RB

ICOM IC-7610
SteppIR 3E