[3830] ARRL 10 N7NWL SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa7nwl@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N7NWL SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 03:53:22 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: N7NWL
Operator(s): N7NWL
Station: N7NWL

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 0:36

   CW:   7     3
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:   7     3  Total Score = 84

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Not exactly what was planned.....

To paraphrase - 'twas the night before contest and all through the area it
rained.    Not a creature - especially rf signals on the ham bands - could be
found.  There arose such a clatter - that was not reindeer hoof's, nor rf
signals, especially on the 10M band.  But.....

Starting with overnight rain Thursday night - which, in Arizona, is a good
thing.  Except, when things outside get wet, there is this pesky overhead power
line complete with cranky connections that like to arc, make incessant noise and
generally drown-out all things rf until all the hardware dries-out.

So - I made 7 contacts spread-out over a total of 36 minutes in two (2) days.
Had a good time anyway, and 'thank you' to the 7 stations I was actually able to
make contact with.  Power company has been contacted multiple times but can't
seem to get the problem(s) resolved.

73,

John, N7NWL