[3830] TBDC NC6K Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, egruff@cox.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC NC6K Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 18:18:38 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 18

Call: NC6K
Operator(s): NC6K
Station: NC6K

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 227  Total Score = 1,017

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions weren't great this year. Noise level was decent for the first six
hours, but very little heard here outside of US and Canada. I think I worked
three Caribbean DX and that was it. I still had a lot of fun as always on 160 M,
but still am a bit of an alligator due to local QRN and QRM. We have random
noise bands here that I've not had time to track down, and they obliterate
several kHz across the band - definitely not optimal for contesting.

On the bright side, my new Tuner Genius XL was fantastic. No remembering to tune
as I moved around the band and it easily showed my PA a very low SWR (my sloper
is pretty well tuned for the band, but it is 160 M after all). I am impressed,
although it did lock up a few times randomly, but was fairly easily reset. I've
never had an automatic full-power tuner, so this was a treat.

As always, thanks for the contacts and see you for the next one.

73 de NC6K