[3830] RTTY Roundup K6JS SO(A) RTTY QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jselmi@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K6JS SO(A) RTTY QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 19:11:23 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2022

Call: K6JS
Operator(s): K6JS
Station: K6JS

Class: SO(A) RTTY QRP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

   80:    34
   40:    13
   20:    77
   15:    28
   10:
-----------------------
Total:   152       0  State/Prov = 42  Countries = 7  Total Score = 7,448

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

First RTTY contest. New owner of a Flex 6600 and I'm amazed how easy it was to
get
RTTY, N1MM, etc configured and running. I never tried to get RTTY running on my

pair of K3's, YCCC SO2R box. I needed ferrites on all the K3 SO2R cables for
CW/SSB. No RFI issues at all power levels with the Flex setup. The amount of
equipment and spaghetti wiring removed from an K3/P3 SO2R setup is incredible.

I put a TA33 (50+ years old, my 1st beam)on an 8' ladder for the 2nd antenna :)
I was surprised to work many stations with 5 Watts and this setup. I'm still
having high SWR issues with the DB18 on 40M. The 80M Inverted L over an FCP
(Folded
counterpoise) plays well on my 45' X 100' city lot.

Enter the new Flex, one radio SO2R, all cables are virtual, very easy to setup
and
it worked flawlessly. Fantastic integration between the Flex, N1MM, multiple
RTTY decoders, antenna switch and other peripherals.

I was testing the new setup 30 minutes before the contest running 5 watts.
My 1st RTTY QSO was an EA5, so I started the contest QRP and was amazed how easy
it was to make Q's.

This was a very casual effort. 5-6 hours on and off on Saturday and a couple
hours
Sunday morning.I made a handful of Q's Sunday afternoon during commercial
breaks
while watching the 49ers game.

Thanks for the Q's

Flex 6600 @ 5W