[3830] CQ160 CW K1KA Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K1KA Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 18:51:09 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K1KA
Operator(s): K1KA
Station: K1KA

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 17

Total:  QSOs = 437  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 49  Total Score = 158,723

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Friday Night started well with good propagation to Europe, but a lot of noise on
the Inverted L. The single NE beverage was used a lot. I blamed the snow storm
which was approaching for the S3-S5 noise level. I overslept Saturday morning,
and didn't get on until well after sunrise. Later Saturday the noise continued,
but still I blamed the snow storm now winding down. Added more to the EU total
but propagation was not as good as Friday. I was wishing for more beverages as
SA stations were difficult and some western US. I even used the NE beverage to
copy SA stations and some to the west just to reduce the noise. Sunday AM I was
up in plenty of time. Snowstorm ended, but noise continued. No JAs, Vks or ZLs,
but did work AK and was in line for KH7A, when he faded after sunrise. All in
all not bad for S&P. The noise is still there, maybe down an S unit. Guess I
have to look for noise sources in the neighborhood, or maybe in my own QTH.
"Alexa where's the noise on 160M coming from". Hmm no answer, maybe
it's her.

Thanks all for the QSOs.

K3S, KPA1500, Inverted L, NE Beverage

73 Dave K1KA