[3830] CQ160 CW W6PH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W6PH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 01:43:02 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: W6PH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Lone Pine CA
Operating Time (hrs): 14.2

Total:  QSOs = 493  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 12  Total Score = 89,960

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

K3S Expert 1.3K

Inductively loaded half sloper fed at 60 feet

I have been away at our home QTH in NH all of January and arrived back Wednesday
night.  I had originally planned to do the contest at the N6WIN super station
but didn't have the time to drive down to Arizona.  I got my neighbor kid to
raise my AB-577 with the 160 antenna on it.  I was just going to play around a
little.

Friday night had great conditions and I worked almost everyone I heard.  I quit
at 10 pm after putting 320 contacts in the log.  I woke up at 4 am and went back
out to the shack to see if there were any JA's coming through.  They were coming
through very readable.  I worked a couple and then called CQ with about 24
responding.  I have never had a JA answer my CQ on 160.  It was very exciting
and got more exciting when VK6T answered my CQ.  It was a lot of fun.

I decided to get back on the air on Saturday night figuring it would be another
great night.  The conditions had changed greatly and it was tough to work
stations to the east.  I stuck with it until 11:30 pm and quit when I couldn't
find any new stations as I swept the band nor get any answers to CQ's.

I missed ME although I heard a couple ME stations working Europeans.  Those
European contacts were worth 5 US contacts for them.  They had little interest
in working puny signals from the west coast.  I spent eight hours to add 140
more contacts to my total.  I didn't even bother to go back out to the shack
Sunday morning.

Most of my mults were Caribbean. Despite these comments it was a lot of fun. You
just don't know how the propagation will be from one night to the next on 160.

73, Kurt W6PH