[3830] NA Sprint CW W4EF HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4EF@dellroy.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W4EF HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 08:59:33 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: W4EF
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W4EF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4:00

   80:   75   00:58
   40:  102   01:38
   20:  108   01:24
---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Rig : Elecraft K3, Alpha 87A
        Antennas : Spiderbeam at 48ft, 40M dipole at 45ft, 55ft 80M Vertical

          Soapbox :

The 300 QSO mark continues to allude me. At 2 hours in, I felt like I really had
a shot at it, but I started to hit a wall in the third hour. As I approached the
start of hour 4, the odds of reaching 300 QSOs were looking increasingly slim.
Back in the mid 80's when I was in Ohio I could pull off the 90 hour on 80CW
that I needed to hit 300, but not today. Whether that is because of lack of
activity, my own senility, or some combination thereof, I don't know. I also
have a feeling this one is going to be far from a golden log; definitely not my
best. Whatever the case, I would not miss it for the world.

73, Mike W4EF..............