[3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 18:04:05 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 3.50
OpMode: 2BSIQ

   80:  106       2
   40:  117      3+
   20:  105       2
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Gulf Coast Cats

Comments:

My usual program for the Sprint would not let me 2BSIQ. It worked but never
would let me QSL with a "TU" the first contact before moving to work
the station on the "other band." Frustrating. Nowie does not seem to
know why either. So, in desperation, I reverted back to my NCCC Thursday night
mini-sprint program which would let me do the 2BSIQing properly. Have no idea
why these exact same 2BSIQ programmed messages for the NCCC work but not for the
Sprint. Neither, apparently, does Howie. At any rate, I scanned the printed log
and have estimated the mults and thus the score. Might be off one or two but it
doesn't matter as I'm not in the tip-top.

Managed to QLF several entries. Think I recaptured all but one, so if you have
an NIL with me, It's my fault. Sorry.

This thing leaves me totally spent. Had to arrange the four-hour block as take
care of my XYL on weekends; and had to leave the shack once and run down the
stone path between the shack and the house once when she called in a panic. All
was OK but it cost me five or so minutes, by guess work and several panicky
moments. Got back in the swing OK, however. All this in the last half hour.

Congratulations to TR and IC for mutant scores. Others as well. Wow. Perhaps I
should have continued to throw out inactive radio CQs on 40 the last part, but
was not getting any answers, although the band was quite good for multiple skip
zones. Looks like several had much better QSO numbers on that band. I probably
cost myself five contacts, but just didn't have the fortitude at that time. Sure
did miss a lot of states. Worked all I heard, I think.

At the first, the Sprint was intermeshed with the FOC Marathon and the BC QSO
party. As a lack of preparation, I had not read that the VT and BC QSO parties
also were on. In the past, that was worth a QSY to pick up one Vermonter and one
BCer after pleading my case. Did not do that this time. Did manage one VE7 in
that way. Some pretty good "up East" from Canada. Thanks guys.

Now to get my log cleaned up as it did not register the VE1/VO2 as separate
mults (NCCC rules). Oh well, will check with Tree for help.

73, and thanks for the fastest four hours in radio. Appreciate the two CTDXCC/W5
teams.

Jim N3BB