[3830] NA Sprint CW K3UA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K3UA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 21:44:42 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K3UA
Operator(s): K3UA
Station: K3UA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:  120
   40:   53
   20:   51
---------------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Team: GOOD GUYS

Comments:

K3 All band 80M inverted V up 20 feet at center

We had just had a pretty bad ice storm at the end of the week but then it snowed
on top of that layer and all trees and wires were encased in solid ice.  I tried
to knock it from my feed line and inverted V but the ice just laughed at me and
stated that it liked it there and would stay.

Had a tough time tuning everything like normal for 80 40 and 20 but did the best
I could to get some output.

So the Sprint became an extra challenge for that reason on top of the fact that
the Sprint CW is not an easy contest to do normally.

But hung in there and did the 4 hours.  My apologies to anyone having trouble
hearing me especially on 20 and 40.  But 80 seemed like normal and did pretty
there.

See everyone in the September event!

73,

Phil K3UA