[3830] XE RTTY N1MGO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] XE RTTY N1MGO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 10:23:40 +0000
                    Mexico RTTY International Contest - 2022

Call: N1MGO
Operator(s): N1MGO
Station: N1MGO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Remote Operation

   80:   71     6
   40:   98    18
   20:  180    33
   15:  151    41
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  503   101  Total Score = 123,220

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Always a fun contest.  Not as much activity as I had hoped.
Sorry for the hangs on TX, and the slow responses, especially on Saturday, I was
running remote and it turns out that Verizon was having a switch problem in the
Boston area.  They got it fixed some time Sunday.
Equipment at the remote site:
Kenwood TS-590sg, Elecraft KPA500/KAT500 , Dipoles in the woods, about 450 feet
from the radio/amp.
Software used in remote setup:
WriteLog remote with RC-1101 control box
Kenwood ARCP-590g Radio control program
Elecraft KPA500 and KAP500 remote software
Other than the intermittent internet bandwidth problem all went fine until I
blew a fuse in the amp.  This is the second time I have blown a fuse in that amp
and did not know why until now.
Ken, WB8PKK, replaced the fuse for me, and watched the amp.
The TS590 is putting out a leading edge spike that will drive the amp to over
700 watts when set for 500 watts out, the remote software never displayed the
peak leading edge.
So I now run with about 400 watts and the leading edge peak is 500-525 watts, no
 problem then!
I intend to replace the TS-590 (a great radio!) with my Elecraft K4 when I get
more time to set up the software and finish testing it.
Looking forward to the CQ WW WPX RTTY next weekend.
Thanks for the patient time working my hanging tx, until the bandwidth problem
fixed it self(Verizon problem).