[3830] RTTY WPX W6DMW(@N6RO) SOSB/80 Rookie HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX W6DMW(@N6RO) SOSB/80 Rookie HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 15:25:55 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2022

Call: W6DMW
Operator(s): W6DMW
Station: N6RO

Class: SOSB/80 HP
Class Overlay: Rookie
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 18
OpMode: SO2R
Remote Operation

------------
   80:  351
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

As always: Thank you to N6RO for hosting.  We ended up not doing a full team
effort due to commitments with many of us this weekend. I elected to do 80M
since it can be done without fully interfering with family things.  (more on
this in a bit)

Now Dear Diary,
First night was great, had a small late start because I was on parental duties
with my wife away for part of the weekend. (I know details y'all don't care
about).  Decent ramp up of QSOs once I was full time after dinner.  Watched the
scoreboard to see how I was comparing with others in the category and found W3LL
in the same category so I used him as a gauge for things (knowing geographically
that I can't compare everything since East Coast has a huge EU benefit).

Plowed through the first evening and started comparing my hourly score with last
years team effort. It was fairly close considering I skipped a small bit of time
and conditions didn't seem as good. With the comparison of last year and the in
my mind competition with W3LL it was a fun night! Ended the first night
satisfied.

The second night gave some new mults and some excitement until it seemed a wall
was hit.  Nothing new for over an hour.  It was then that I realized I had done
something horrible...I didn't nap enough throughout the day to handle how slow
it was going to get.  So I took the calculated risk so sleep for a couple hours.
 That went horribly wrong (in a way) when I over snoozed through my 2nd alarm.
Which meant I missed my 2nd opening to the West.  I'm fairly disappointed in
that but if it gave some fun memories to the kids, so it's going to be okay.  I
did wake up at my normal very dark still time an luckily grabbed a new mult and
a few more QSOs before the sun came up to end it for me.

That was a long story to say: I had fun, wish I had a bunch more QSOs. Very few
operators from the other side of the Pacific.  Which was too bad.  Perhaps it
was propagation or the Olympics.  Were that many people at Hamcation or what
ever the show was this weekend?  Who knows.  Good thing this contest is all
about the prefixes and there are plenty in the US even with some at a ham show.

73!

Flex 6600M
PGXL
80m 4-Square
160M Beverage and SAL for listening
1 N1MM and 4 decoders
1 Fridge full of energy drinks (clearly not enough)