[3830] RTTY WPX NR6O(N6RO) SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX NR6O(N6RO) SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 00:56:32 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2022

Call: NR6O
Operator(s): N6RO
Station: N6RO

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  636
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This time, the N6RO team decided to do five single-banders, for a change of
pace, other commitments, and slight burnout from previous multi efforts. No one
wanted 10m, so I used our club call and fired up 10m on an unused radio (four
other rigs were in use by remoters).  All was well for the first 30 minutes,
then the Alpha 9500 started to fault at 1100w.  I backed off to 500w, it faulted
agn.  at 200w, loud pop, fuses blew. spent the rest of Friday with the barefoot
K3. Cabled up old reliable AL1200 for the rest of the contest at 900w. The band
is awakening, but not enough to hear EU, but was good to the west (66 JAs, one
BY, several VKs, ZL.  Plenty of SA stations, esp. PY - lots of mults there.

The 5/5/5 stack worked well. I did not plan to be serious, but got sucked in by
the decent prop condx.  I haven't put in this much time in any contest for many
years!  In total, the five single banders totaled about 3500 Qs.  Maybe we
should have done MM!  CU in ARRL CW.