[3830] RTTY WPX WQ6X(@W7AYT) SOAB TB-Wires LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX WQ6X(@W7AYT) SOAB TB-Wires LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 06:34:56 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2022

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W7AYT

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Concord, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 27:27

------------
   80:   20
   40:  134
   20:   59
   15:   74
   10:  135
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was another WQ6X portable operation from W7AYT's QTH in Concord,
however beginning January 2022, the main radio has been upgraded to
a Yaesu FT-2000 transceiver capable of running full-Duty RTTY w/o
any signs of heat.
While I enjoyed the contest immensely, a pair of solar storms
killed the fun both on Friday and Saturday evenings.
10 meters was the BiG surprise for WQ6X, becoming the top
QSO producing band, just eeking out 40-meters.
I loved some of the unique prefixes introduced by Mexico
and various South American countries.  Hopefully they will
come back in the March (Ssb)and May (Cw) GiGs.
LooK for an informative write-up about this GiG at:
http://WQ6X.Blogspot.COm.