[3830] RTTY WPX W6QU(W8QZA) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wparker2@san.rr.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX W6QU(W8QZA) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 05:04:24 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2022

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 30.0

------------
   80:   30
   40:   50
   20:   73
   15:  107
   10:   66
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

STATION W8QZA:

Radio: Yaesu FT-817, 5 Watts

Antennas:
  10-15-20 Meters: 3 el Stepp-IR up 32 feet
  40 Meters: 1/4 wave vertical with 3 radials
  40 Meters: DX-LB trap dipole up 30 feet
  80 Meters: Inverted L with 2 radials

Condx definitely better than last year. I had a few more Qs than last year, but
much more of my Qs were DX and that helped my score.

Still, I had only 73 off continent Qs (22%) and only 83 of my Qs were with
stations that were not USA or VE. DXCC was only a feeble 28 but WAZ was 22 (up
from 16 last year).

All my Qs were all usual bread and butter stations with the only sort of
remarkable Q (for me) was 4F3BZ on 10 Meters. Despite my position here near the
Pacific coast, I am almost never able to work the Philippines in contests.

This contest is the most fun of any contest I enter.  The computer does all the
hard work!

See you in a few days in the ARRL CW.  Bill W8QZA - W6QU