[3830] ARRLDX CW VE6TL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE6TL SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 00:23:02 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24.5

  160:    3     3
   80:   12     8
   40:   89    42
   20:  401    69
   15:  261    64
   10:   83    30
-------------------
Total:  849   216  Total Score = 550,152

Club:

Comments:

Great to see the bands are coming back!  It has been 10 years since I last
entered this contest from the home QTH.  The difference was the solar storm on
Saturday night which shut down everything here (K=5).

I started out with a nice JA run on 15m on Friday evening and ended up the same
way on Sunday evening.  With about 15 minutes left in the contest, I switched to
40m and was surprised to be able to work about 5 or 6 new mults in EU.  The
repairs I did to the FL-7000 amp last summer allowed me to run about 800W on 40m
(just S&P).  I had a short EU run on Sunday morning as condx were quite
noisy.  So most of my efforts were S&P.  Still no Africa, apart from
Morocco, no Middle East and not much Asia, apart from JA, Asiatic Russia, and
single Malaysia, China, Philippine, and South Korea stations.

Was fun to do while having a big snow storm.  Was also nice that I figured out
what was causing all the CW keying problems in my computer.  Was the darned UPS
software hogging the COM port.  Just had to turn it off and voila.

Equipment:
Rig:  Yaesu FTdx5000MP
Amp:  Yaesu FL-7000
Tower:  40' with TH6DXX Tribander
80/160m:  Shunt-fed tower
40m:  Inverted vee with apex 40' on tower

Jerry VE6TL