[3830] ARRLDX CW VP5M(K4QPL) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4qpl2@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VP5M(K4QPL) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 01:52:39 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: VP5M
Operator(s): K4QPL
Station: VP5/K4QPL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VP5
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:  251    44
   80:  445    56
   40:  831    56
   20: 1021    58
   15:  940    57
   10:  563    51
-------------------
Total: 4051   322  Total Score = 3,911,334

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Station for this contest: Elecraft K3, P3. Antennas: SteppIR dipole 40M, 3
elements 10-15-20 all at 30' . Inverted V for 80M apex 30', Inverted L at 40'
over FCP for 160M.
ARRL DX is a fun contest for a "little pistol" station like mine in
Turks & Caicos. We're close to W/VE and LP can put in a decent signal. It
also means that most LP home stations in North America can get our attention.
High location over water helps and the call sign adds some more Db. This was the
first year we have had a good 160M antenna which made a huge difference in
mults. Special thanks to Guy, K2AV, who designed the FoldedCounterPoise which is
perfect for the rocky terrain and limited space at our QTH. Guy also coached me
on the installation and spent several hours on the phone before my trip and
while I was working here to get everything up and tuned to best possible
performance. I must say it played very well as the LP results show