[3830] ARRLDX CW AB2E SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ab2e@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW AB2E SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 02:25:17 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: AB2E
Operator(s): AB2E
Station: AB2E

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: SNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:   32    26
   80:  183    59
   40:  177    69
   20:  465    87
   15:  354    89
   10:   62    31
-------------------
Total: 1273   361  Total Score = 1,389,659

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: FTDX-9000D/OM Power 2000A+
Antennas: all wires
160m Inverted L over 100ft tree
 80m dipole @90ft
 40m dipole @85ft
 20m delta loop @65ft
 15m/10m Homebrew Fan Dipole @60ft

Thanks for the QSOs!
Great to work so many friends who call in year after year.
Fri night 160 was very quiet to EU on my L (no RX antenna yet), and I worked
most of my EU mults Fri. Sat night condx dismal on 160. Great runs on 80m Fri
night, but seems Sat low bands were pretty poor from the minor storm. 10m was
good for Caribbean and SA on Sat, but poor on Sun, never opened to EU either day
here. Slept some both nights (seemed the low bands really slowed down around
0600GMT both nights. Proved to work out since I got up 1030GMT Sun and after a
few calls on 15m, had a red hot run going for 3hours, then moved to 20m where it
was equally open. Good distribution of mults, many of the usual easy Caribbean
mults were missing due to Covid, but the ones that were on did a great job of
being on all the bands. I worked the biggest number of stations on 6 bands this
year in at least the past 6 or 7 years. Many more on 5 bands. Great to work
5Z4WJ on 4 bands. 4U1UN was on 40 and 20, but pileups were too big and I'm too
close so did not work him. SV2RSG/A Monk Lakovos was on from Mt. Athos, pileups
were huge but he was very weak here. Pleasant surprise to have NH2DX call in on
Sun afternoon, along with 3D2AG.
Gale force winds here Fri evening into Sat morning, but all wires survived. A
dead tree on the edge of my property by the road was blown over into the road.
Luckily no damage to anything, and a group of motorists stopped and moved it out
of the road by hand.

73 and CU all in the ARRL SSB test in 2 weeks!
Darrell AB2E