[3830] ARRLDX CW K1LT SOUAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@groups.io
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K1LT SOUAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 03:16:26 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: Ohio EM89ps
Operating Time (hrs): 3-
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   62    45
   80:  113    72
   40:  149    82
   20:  327   101
   15:  375   105
   10:   68    45
-------------------
Total: 1099   454  Total Score = 1,495,476

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I had no goals and the only motivation for operating this contest was
to be present in the event that 10-meter propagation was interesting.
I operated assisted and avoided calling CQ as much as possible,
resorting to running when I felt guilty about sitting in front of a
bunch of equipment and not using it.  I took many breaks, including
off-times during peak periods.

Since last year I acquired another ETO-91B from K8CC's estate in
addition to the one that belongs to K8ND that I've had for 18 years.
I've always used Jeff's amplifier for SO2R operation, but I never
'integrated' his amplifier with my station.  Now that I have my own,
the extra amplifier sits within easy reach.  Thus I can use my SO2R
setup as a pair of independent stations which makes switching bands
very quick.  I operated that way this year.  I did not try to work
multipliers while simultaneously running since I was taking it easy.

I CQed on 15 meters for 90 minutes and on 20 a couple of different
hours on Saturday and more often but shorter on Sunday since there
were so few new multipliers to chase.  I still hate packet pileups.

Conditions seemed fairly decent.  The bands were better Saturday than
Sunday.  Worked a few Asians over the pole on 20 early Saturday and
Saturday sunset had a very nice opening into the far east on 15.  I
ran a couple dozen JAs and then chased several far east multipliers.
The 3X station was consistently too weak to call.

DX worked: 3D2, 3V, 4U1U, 4X, 5B, 5Z, 6Y, 8P, 9A, 9H, 9K, 9M6, 9Y, BY,
C6, CE, CM, CN, CT, CT3, CU, CX, D4, DL, DU, E7, EA, EA6, EA8, EA9,
EI, ES, EU, F, FJ, FK, FM, FY, G, GD, GI, GM, GU, GW, HA, HB, HB0, HC,
HI, HK, HL, HP, HR, HS, I, IS, J3, JA, KH2, LA, LU, LX, LY, LZ, OA,
OE, OH, OH0, OK, OM, ON, OX, OY, OZ, P4, PA, PJ2, PJ4, PY, PZ, S5, SM,
SP, SV, SV5, SV9, TA, TF, TG, TI, TK, UA, UA2, UA9, UN, UR, V3, V4,
VK, VP5, VU, XE, YB, YL, YO, YU, YV, Z3, Z6, ZB, ZD7, ZF, ZL, and ZP
for a total of 114 entities.

Equipment: Elecraft K3S and P3, Alpha 8410 on the first radio,
Elecraft K3 and P3 and ETO 91B (mine!) on the second radio.  Homebrew
SO2R stuff; homebrew SDR stuff (beam steering RX antennas on 160 not
used this year during transition); Cushcraft X7 at 60 feet; Cushcraft
X7 at 100 feet; full sized verticals on 40 and 80; 60-foot "tee" on
160.