[3830] ARRLDX CW W6QU(W8QZA) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wparker2@san.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W6QU(W8QZA) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 05:29:29 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 28.8

  160:    0     0
   80:   20     8
   40:   54    15
   20:   96    37
   15:  155    49
   10:   60    23
-------------------
Total:  385   132  Total Score = 152,460

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

STATION W8QZA:

Radio: Elecraft K-2, 5 Watts.

Antennas:
  10-15-20 Meters: 3 el Stepp-IR up 32 feet
  40 Meters: 1/4 wave vertical with 3 radials
  40 & 160 Meters: DX-LB trap dipole up 30 feet
  80 Meters: Inverted L with 2 radials
Conditions were the best in years.  I'm used to having my number of European
QSOs in the single digits. But 20 and 15 combined to provide me with 73 European
Qs.

10 M: No Europe yet, but a few JAs and lots of South and Central America and
KH6s.

15 M: My best Q of the contest was E21EIC. I never work Zone 26 in contests!

20 M: I got a real thrill out of working VK6T on the long path just before the
end of the contest!

40 M: 9M6NA was a real surprise for me. I call 9Ms contest after contest over
the years and I can never work them.

80 M: CR3W and CR3DX were both able to hear my 5 watts and inverted L.

160 M: I visited this band many times over both nights during the contest and
never came close to working anything with my lousy DX-LB antenna! That antenna
sure works on 40, though! That is what I wourked the CR3s on.

So it was exciting times for the first contest in several years. I had forgotten
what it was like!

See you in the ARRL DX Phone!

73, Bill  W8QZA - W6QU