[3830] ARRLDX CW KH6RS(K5JR) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5jr.clubs@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KH6RS(K5JR) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 10:09:03 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: KH6RS
Operator(s): K5JR
Station: NH6Y

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: HI
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:   65    31
   80:   90    30
   40:  481    53
   20:  528    53
   15:  660    57
   10:  436    52
-------------------
Total: 2260   276  Total Score = 1,871,280

Club: Maui ARC

Comments:

Another great event that happened to coincide with vacation on Maui (or was it
by design, hi hi). Always grateful to Tom/NH6Y for hosting my contesting
efforts. Many members of the MARC have become good friends over the years of my
contesting from Maui, first participating in their 2013 Field Day. Look for Tom
in the ARRL DX SSB next month.

The bands were in great shape. This is my best Maui ARRL DX CW score since I
started doing these from here in 2015. Both 15m and 10m were hopping all
"3" days (the contest starts at 2pm local time, and only 2 chances at
80m and 160m). The best surprise was VY2ZM answering me on 160m. The 160m
antenna is a dipole at 45 feet!! The first entry in the log of a fellow SECC
member (my home contest club) was Jeff/KU8E, the 10th entry. He got in early!

Thanks to all of the friends that stopped by and gave me a Q. It's always
wonderful to work you. And I know I worked many folks on 5 and 6 bands. And
special thanks to those that handed out the somewhat rare mults from this part
of the world.

I also use a 6600 at home. These are great to keep the second SCU on 10m or
80/160m to keep an eye out for the band to open. Way less guessing and missing
an opening.

Flex 6600M, SPE 1.5k-FA, 4 el SteppIR w/2 el 40m yagi option, 80m and 160m
dipoles at 45 feet.

de K5JR (fmr W5JR) KH6RS op