[3830] ARRLDX CW V47UM(W3UL) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3ul.bill@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW V47UM(W3UL) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 12:22:59 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: V47UM
Operator(s): W3UL
Station: V47UM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: ST KITTS-NEVIS
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:   54    20
   80:  414    46
   40:  624    55
   20:  617    54
   15: 1082    50
   10:  361    50
-------------------
Total: 3152   283  Total Score = 2,676,048

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

While there was just one guy at the keyboard on this one, it took a team to get
the act together.  My brother-in-law lives here on Nevis during the USA winter
months and spent parts of four days finding PVC, rebar and tools as well as
providing ideas and muscle to get the antennas up.  The XYL was never far away.
(She is a SpiderBeam expert.  And she brought the power supply down as her carry
on luggage!)  Antennas were the SpiderBeam on 10, 15 and 20 and an inverted vee
on 80 an 40.  I also tried out a 30 ft. 160M antenna with loading coil.

Congratulations to Jim K4QPL for a fine effort at VP5M.

No excuses but, typical of West Indies life, the power went out here for an hour
toward the end; things got going again for the last few minutes.

There were significant pileups on 10 and 15 meters and I found that the
successful callers were mostly about 50-100Hz up or down from me.  (Hint,
hint...)  Caller timing also seemed important in discerning call signs.

 Band     QSOs     Pts  Sec  Pt/Q
   1.8      54     162   20   3.0
   3.5     414    1242   46   3.0
     7     624    1872   55   3.0