[3830] ARRLDX CW N4SS(W5MX) SOUAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N4SS(W5MX) SOUAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 12:33:12 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N4SS
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 39

  160:   88    42
   80:  171    62
   40:  754    93
   20: 1027    97
   15: 1010   105
   10:   97    46
-------------------
Total: 3147   445  Total Score = 4,183,890

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

That was a good time!
Was originally going to be a MS effort but things came up for other ops so went
at it SOU AB HP.
With the bands in good shape, there was something going on all the time which
makes it a lot easier to put in lots of hours in a full weekend contest.
10 had very short opening to parts of EU Sat as well as Oceana and SA. No JA
heard here. Surprise was an opening to Scandinavia area Sun early afternoon for
2 quick, unexpected mults.
15 was excellent here both days into EU, and a great opening to JA Sun
afternoon. First good JA runs on that band in a long time for me. Condx even
made it into deep Asia as well. As I mentioned before, I started this game of
contesting as a dx'er so it's always exciting to have those long openings.
20 was 20, great conditions with consistent runs and action.
40 was good here as well, the Q count a bit lower than the past, but to be
expected as the higher bands drew my attention for more hours.
80 and 160 were subdued, but the EU sunrise opening Sun am seemed pretty good.
Didn't spend too much time trying to run those bands, mostly a mult S&P show
with a few opportunistic cq's thrown in.
Station played well. Luckily there was no wind damage from the storms late last
week.
Clayton, KJ4YLR came down to the station as well. We need to get him on cw!
Still need more ops for a more serious MS effort sometime.
Thanks to all for the QSO's and see you next weekend in CQWW 160 SSB!
Now back to reality - off to work!
Bryan
W5MX