[3830] ARRLDX CW K0ZR SOUAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kzerozr@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K0ZR SOUAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 13:06:09 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K0ZR
Operator(s): K0ZR
Station: K0ZR

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: Virginia
Operating Time (hrs): 18
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   40    28
   80:  188    57
   40:  394    67
   20:  404    67
   15:  360    63
   10:   62    28
-------------------
Total: 1448   310  Total Score = 1,346,640

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was on a personal-best setting pace, that is until the winds picked up in the
neighborhood of 50+ MPH Saturday afternoon at 2000 Z (3 PM EST). This transpired
over perhaps only 10 minutes.  I grabbed a hard hat and dropped the crank-up
tower to a safer height. I found that my 160m antenna had been blown down as
well.  The reason I stopped contesting is that both amplifiers had been forced
into fault conditions, twice, by intermittent line power and I did not want to
risk damaging them.  These winds persisted some ~ 3 hours.  With my contest
goals now "bust", I turned to more writing on a book I began in
December 2021.
It was great fun until it was not fun!  Thanks to all the many stations for the
QSOs and fun.