[3830] ARRLDX CW NQ2W SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NQ2W SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 15:42:07 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: NQ2W
Operator(s): NQ2W
Station: NQ2W

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 18.58

  160:
   80:   20    14
   40:   54    25
   20:   43    27
   15:   28    16
   10:   35    14
-------------------
Total:  180    96  Total Score = 51,840

Club:

Comments:

Ten-Tec Jupiter at 5W 2-element mini-beam at 25ft, 40m dipole at 60ft, 80m
dipole at 50ft.

This is the first time that I have participated in this contest from my new QTH.
I'm still figuring out how it works...that will most likely continue to be the
case.

QSOs with EU and AF continue to be a struggle...approximately 40 percent of my
total Qs were with EU and AF. I think this should be much higher. 80m and 40m
netted more than half of these. 20, 15, and 10m need big improvement - my
2-element mini-beam isn't cutting it. Just over 30 Qs with EU and AF on 20 and
15...0 on 10.

Dixon Hill is between me and EU and AF. I'm about 600ft below (20 percent slope)
its peak. At what angle do most DX signals arrive on the higher bands? We know
the answer...I need a little more height and little more gain...work in
progress. Any improvements to EU and AF with respect to a rotatable beam will
also improve my signal elsewhere...that's my sales pitch. :)

I'm amazed at what 5W can do! Some stations could hear me, some couldn't. Some
stations that I thought could hear me, didn't. Some I didn't think could hear
me, did. In any case, I'm grateful for the QSOs and I appreciate the skill of
the participants in this contest - top notch.

Thank you to the ARRL for organizing this event. I hope to be back next year and
hear more stations. I hope all stations hear my QRP signal a little bit louder!

73, Will, NQ2W