[3830] ARRLDX CW N5AW SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N5AW SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 17:26:47 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: STX (EM00)
Operating Time (hrs): 31.5

  160:   22    17
   80:  139    45
   40:  313    62
   20:  519    82
   15: 1020    87
   10:  154    43
-------------------
Total: 2167   336  Total Score = 2,184,336

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I have to agree with N2IC's comment that conditions were good but not great.
Started off with a nice little JA run on ten Friday evening and had hopes ten
would be great for the entire contest. Not to be though - very marginal opening
to Europe Saturday morning and even poorer Sunday although EA/CT were strong
both days. Heard a weak JA3YBK Saturday afternoon but no JA's Sunday. Fifteen
meters didn't disappoint though - good signals from Europe including Scandinavia
and Russia and great JA runs both days. My low band antennas are still not up to
pre-ice storm standards - 40 meter Moxon replaced with a dipole and no 80 meter
dipole array - and my totals show it.

Way too many stations not giving their calls when running a pile up. That's a
real downer for us unassisted operators. Probably causes a lot of dupes and
"not in log" penalties the runners. No excuse for not giving your call
at least every three or four contacts.

I turned 80 last year and I really notice how I've lost my ability to put in
lots of hours in these 48 hour contests. I operated a little over 17 hours the
first day and that was too much. Cut back to about 14 the second day and felt
much better. I used to put in 43 hours or more but that's a thing of the past
for me.

ARRL DX is still one of my favorite contests.

Marv N5AW

                                Continent List

                    160    80    40    20    15    10   ALL
       NA calls =     8    26    16    36    33    20   139
       SA calls =     1     3    11    30    37    59   141
     Euro calls =    11   101   182   366   656    16  1332
  African calls =     1     3     5    10     8     6    33
    Asian calls =     0     0     7    15    27     0    49
    Japan calls =     0     1    75    46   235    34   391
    Ocean calls =     1     5    17    19    34    20    96

    Total calls =    22   139   313   522  1030   155  2181