[3830] ARRLDX CW N4XD SOSB160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N4XD SOSB160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 20:50:23 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: SOSB160 HP
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  181    46
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  181    46  Total Score = 24,288

Club: Smithchart ARS

Comments:

Had injured my hand the week before so typing was a challenge. Fortunately, this
is a slower contest when doing single band 160. And I send with the uninjured
hand  so more a hassle than anything else.

Was initially thinking condx were poor but I did work a lot of 100W stations so
think instead, participation was down. And condx were average but not great.

Was tedious with few runs. Saturday evening/ morning brought a short but nice
opening to EU.

Missed a couple nice mults. Copied parts of calls but never full call. In
discussing contest with Bill, W4ZV, found out full calls of stations. All were
distant and, given just a little more signal/ noise, I think I could have worked
them.

Nice to have prop to JA Sunday morning. No VK or ZL.

All in all glad I did the contest. Need to up my game as Bill, W4ZV, beat me
every way: more Qs, more mults.

ARRL, thanks for putting on the contest.

Equip:

Anan 7000dle
two phased towers for transmit
Bevs and 8 ant circle array for receive
N1MM+ for logging. I've been using it for years and am still amazed at its
capabilities and the very fine support. Worth every dime I paid for it (if you
aren't aware of this program, its free!).

Ron
N4XD