[3830] ARRLDX CW HG3N(HA3LN) SOSB80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW HG3N(HA3LN) SOSB80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 11:00:59 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: HG3N
Operator(s): HA3LN
Station: HA3LN

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: EEU
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1070    59
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1070    59  Total Score = 189,390

Club:

Comments:

.

Planned to complete the last year's broken SO 80m effort but got out again a
windy week which I did not risk to erect the vertical. The wind peaked around
100km/h which might have been fatal not only at the building phase but during
the contest too. So changed to 20m seeing what happens as never took this band
in this contest.

I use a single 4el OWA @15m high with good shot into NA but against high
stacks my setup showed its shortage. It was painful to see the increasing gaps
especially in the beginning and the shutdown of the propagation windows.
Pushed very hard to log every call appears in the bandmap and most of the
times it showed only worked calls. So as felt this result is pretty close to
the possible maximum. This time had no feeling that much left on the band.

Reading the posts from last year I was prepared for really slow Sunday.
Managed to log 727 QSOs on Sat, and 343 on Sun which was way better than
expected. As impression, Sunday provided even better west coast propagation.

Thanks for the calls. CU in SSB leg.

73!
Csaba  HA3LN / HG3N