[3830] NAQP RTTY KG4IGC Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KG4IGC Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 14:28:10 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 5.00

   80:   66    26
   40:   66    29
   20:   55    27
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  187    82  Total Score = 15,334

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Team: SFCG Palmetto Pulsars

Comments:

Had all kinds of computer problems at the start of the contest. Everything was
going good for about 45 minutes until MMTTY/N1MM started to send unwanted macros
whenever I pressed one of the F keys. For instance while running, I hit F1 to
send CQ NA, someone answers my call. When I would hit F2, it would key up the
rig, send F2, and then it would send random macros from the other F keys in an
endless loop.

 Hitting escape did nothing to stop it. The only way to stop the transmission
was to turn off the rig and power supply in an attempt to drop the com port. I
also had issues with Windows 10 (which may be part of the problem with
N1MM/MMTTY) crashing for an unknown reason. At one point N1MM crashed and when
restarted, ALL configurations were set back to default. Because of this I had to
go through and set everything back up in both N1MM & MMTTY.

Five hours into the contest I found a single USB plug in the back of the
computer plugged in only halfway, which I suspect may have been introducing
stray RF into my PC. After fixing that, I had some fine tuning that I had to do
in N1MM with the settings that I had missed earlier and things started to settle
down.

When I finally was able to get into the contest, 15 and 20 were closing down and
I only made about 50 Q's. I spent most of the night bouncing back and forth from
40 and 80 meters. I got a couple of good runs, but because I had lost so much
time it was hard playing catch up with the rest of my team. 40 & 80 were in
OK shape, most signals were coming from the North and mid-West. I did notice
quite a bit of QSB which at times cause several repeats in order to complete a
Q.

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000
SDR Play for Pan-adapter
PWR: 100 Watts
Antennas: 272\' Horizontal Loop, 2X 20/40 Super Loops, Ground mounted Gap
Challenger, Maco V/5/8 vertical, 160 meter Inverted L

Live in South Carolina and enjoy contesting? Check out SC\'s premier contersting
club! www.swampfoxcontestgroup.com