[3830] CQ160 SSB N9TF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N9TF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 18:25:48 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Clarksville TN
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Total:  QSOs = 27  State/Prov = 18  Countries = 0  Total Score = 1,026

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

SSB on 160 will really tell you how lossy/lousy your antenna really is! Just
popped on the band one hour Friday and Saturday nights after 11pm local. I
figured that might be the best time for this station to make some Qs. Heard a
lot of stations calling CQ, including a few EU (great RX antenna!), but
struggled to be heard with low power. I didn't expect to make anywhere near the
Q count I have mustered on CW, but it was way more of a struggle on SSB. The
ground 17' below the wire must have really sucked up the SSB energy!!
Thanks to all who heard my whisper signal and hung in there to make the Q.
After I broke 1K score, I called it a contest!

73 Gene, N9TF
Wire and gutters...100 watts