[3830] CQ160 SSB K9MMS Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9MMS@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB K9MMS Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 20:22:31 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 351  State/Prov = 44  Countries = 6  Total Score = 40,150

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

K3 + P3 + AL80B at about 700 WATTS
TX: Inverted-L ; RX: Hi-Z 3-element array, Reversible window line

It has been a while since I participated in the SSB version of the CQ 160 meter
contest.  This year, it was just a part time effort for fun.  I did not want to
stay up late on either night.  Old man, you know. :)

The QSO rates were good the first night, and I stopped after 280 QSOs, 44 S/P,
and 6 DX.  On the second night, the rates were much slower, and it was more
difficult to find "holes" for CQ runs.  After making an additional 70
QSOs, no additional multipliers, and unable to get any good CQ runs going, I
became bored with the situation, and it was longer fun.  So, I then went QRT and
watched a movie on TV.

Thanks for the Qs and Ms.
73,
   Gary . K9MMS