[3830] NCQP K3TD(@K4QPL) Mobile Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4qpl2@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NCQP K3TD(@K4QPL) Mobile Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 23:57:01 +0000
                    North Carolina QSO Party - 2022

Call: K3TD
Operator(s): K4QPL K3TD
Station: K4QPL

Class: Mobile Mixed LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   80:   11     0       0
   40:  328     0       0
   20:  226     0       0
   15:   45     0       0
   10:    0     0       0
    6:    0     0       0
    2:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  610     0       0  Mults = 72  Total Score = 131,810

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

We enjoy getting on the road and having a nice pileup in each county on each
band and this year was no exception. However, it was a push to get NCQP into the
calendar as K4QPL was SOLP for ARRL DX CW at VP5M and will be with a team at
VP5M next week in ARRL DX SSB. Had to cut short the last two hours to start
getting ready to travel but the rate held up pretty well for the time we were
on. Tad helped keep up the pace with good timing through the counties.

There was one crazy instance in which the computer went berserk for no apparent
reason and the K3s shut down at the same time also for no apparent reason. We
surmise it was a solar wind event or Putin was involved! Rebooted everything and
life was back to normal. Otherwise Murphy stayed away.

There was some rain which killed some of the usual line noise but 20M seemed to
have more atmospheric noise than usual. Remember that the mobile antenna which
isn't great for transmitting is equally poor on receive if not worse. I'm sure
signals were stronger than they appeared at the radio. Also apologies for many
of the busted calls which weren't actually busted in my head but typing mobile
is a challenge when a bump makes you miss a key or put an extra letter into the
call window.

I recognized a lot of calls from last week and look forward to working you in
ARRL DX SSB this next weekend from VP5M. See you next year!!

73,
Jim K4QPL
Tad K3TD