[3830] NCQP N8II SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NCQP N8II SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 22:02:13 +0000
                    North Carolina QSO Party - 2022

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 7.3

   80:   35     29
   40:   68    112
   20:   10      0
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  113    141      0  Mults = 78  Total Score = 48,588

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Another Carolina QP weekend is in the books. Only 3 mobiles were active and for
quite a while I heard nothing of K3TD or N4CW on 40 early to mid afternoon and
was pondering at that point when most stations were up on nearly inaccessible
20M whether to hang it up. I operated about a half hour less than last year, did
not rush the dog walk or prepare/eat lunch/dinner. The dog walk gave me a needed
break. This QP has just enough activity to keep you searching for that next Q or
mult, but the pace is pretty slow. I worked about 44 QSO's less than last year,
but 5 more mults. The difference was 75/80M being much more active/productive
last year; conditions there were quite good starting 22Z. I searched for a run
frequency in vain on 75M around 2345Z; when I found one after a CW stint around
0030Z on 3849 KHz the frequency was clear, but almost no one called during 4
minutes of CQ's. I had a few short run bursts of 5-10 QSO's on 40, the money
band from here. The skip was short enough that many NC stations worked each
other on 40. I had noise on 20, no direct opening to NC there, but some scatter
signals to the west were pretty loud around 19Z.

Thanks to the mobiles for their efforts. Steve AA4TI was good for 10 Q's, as was
Bert N4CW, and Jim plus Thad? K3TD 6 Q's. Thanks for all of the calls and Q's
from NC. Congrats to Laci, OM2VL for a great HP score; I heard him work about
the weakest NC CW signal on 80M here.

73, Jeff