[3830] ARRLDX SSB K5FUV SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K5FUV SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 00:39:12 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: K5FUV
Operator(s): K5FUV
Station: K5FUV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    1     1
   80:   30    24
   40:   60    37
   20:  147    60
   15:  154    65
   10:  114    33
-------------------
Total:  506   219  Total Score = 332,442

Club: Arkansas DX Assoc

Comments:

This was a lot weekend.
I knew going in that it wouldn’t be good. Line noise here seemed to start
picking up in November, but over the last few weeks it’s gotten unbearable.
Ice and snow up here on the hill hasn’t been conducive to doing anything about
it, but I called last week, got one pole fixed, but the noise tracker has to
come out next week to find it. The major problem is that a I have S7 noise to
southeast and S9 to the northeast. It’s least bothersome on 20m, but major
league on 15 and 10. Guess which directions are most useful to me.

Also, I noticed that signals from the north seemed to be attenuated. The FTdx101
has enough noise mitigating features that I was able to operate at all, but
could not turn the antenna north of 120 degrees at all. Makes it difficult to
operate normally, in fact, it eliminated the chance to do anything except
S&P all weekend, even the the conditions seemed better than that.

The weather was cooperative either, so I finally shut down before 2100 Sunday.

Radio: FTdx101
Antennas: Hexbeam at 50 ft,
         40m vertical
         80m vertical
         160m a joke of an inverted L that doesn’t work ( see 160m score
above)